Dear Interested Applicant:
Thank you for considering our RN diploma program. We are no longer accepting applications for our 2019 program year. We will begin accepting applications for August 2020 in September 2019. We appreciate your interest and want to advise you of acceptance, under the following two conditions:
OVH Full Tuition Scholarships
The School of Nursing offers this institutional scholarship in addition to federal and state programs. Scholarships will be granted to a limited number of eligible applicants that meet the following conditions.
The applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Achieve an Adjusted Individual Score of 85% or higher on the ATI TEAS exam to be considered.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours while in the program.
- Commit to working at Ohio Valley Hospital as an RN on a nursing unit for a minimum of 3 years after graduation.
Full tuition scholarships are awarded on a per-term basis/per academic year. Students with a desire to attend the Ohio Valley School of Nursing under this scholarship program should inform the school immediately.
Scholarships are awarded on a first-come/ first-served basis.
Applicants who are not interested in the Full-Tuition scholarship or may not meet scholarship criteria may also be accepted. Eligibility for these criteria is as follows.
The applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Achieve an Adjusted Individual Score of 68% or higher on the ATI TEAS exam to be considered.
- Complete 10 volunteer hours while enrolled in our program.
Self-paying students have no work commitment to Ohio Valley Hospital.
All applicants must have successfully completed the required prerequisite coursework of Algebra, Chemistry with Lab and Biology with Lab with a grade of C or better.
Pre-Entrance exam scores are a main indicator of acceptance, however, they are NOT the only criteria used to evaluate an applicant’s potential. Applicants must meet ALL criteria as outlined in the informational packet for determining eligibility and acceptance.
The Ohio Valley Hospital School of Nursing Admissions Office
The Admissions letter for 2020 will be coming shortly. Please check back in September!