In order to be eligible for our School of Radiography, and prior to completing your Admissions Checklist, you must have or complete the following:
- You must be 18 years of age or older by October 1st of the first fall semester
- You must be a high school graduate or have a general equivalency diploma
- You must have had a minimum GPA of 2.5 in high school or within 12 credits from a post-secondary institution
- You must have received a minimum grade of C in Algebra II or Biology in high school or in a post-secondary institution
- You must place into Math 1010 or higher.
Once you have completed the above items, you must complete the Admissions Checklist, which includes:
- A 4 hour documented Career Shadow with a registered radiologic technologist at Ohio Valley Hospital
- You must have the ability to physically perform the duties of a radiologic technologist
- You must have satisfactory results of screening for illegal drug use, FBI, and a child abuse clearance. The drug screening is conducted by Ohio Valley Hospital at summer orientation before the first fall semester. Students who test positive for illegal drugs or do not receive a positive result from their criminal background checks will forfeit their position in the program and will lose their deposit.
For the full list of what you must do in order to be considered for a spot in our School of Radiography program, please visit: