Admissions Checklist and Guidelines
The Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography (OVHSOR) program is extremely competitive; only 9 students are accepted to our program each year. Students who are accepted into our program experience smaller classrooms; one-on-one interaction with our instructors, and hands-on training in our Radiology and Imaging Services department.
The rigorous nature of the OVHSOR program is rewarding for anyone who is looking for a challenging career in Radiologic Technology. Interviews begin in September for the upcoming year and continue until all nine positions are filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Remember, prior to completing this checklist, there are several Admitting Criteria you must meet. Visit:
Admissions Checklist and Guidelines for Prospective Students
You must complete this checklist in order to be considered a candidate for the Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography class. We are now accepting applications for the 2021 cohort. You may print off the PDF form of this checklist below.
Step One: Initial Contact and Career Shadowing
- Please contact Melissa Russell, B.A., R.T.(R), an Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography Clinical Instructor, to schedule your Career Shadow opportunity.
- This is required for admission to our program.
- Career Shadowing appointments are conducted at Ohio Valley Hospital Monday through Thursday from 7:30a.m. until approximately 11:30a.m.
- To schedule your Career Shadow appointment, please call 412-777-6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must fill out the Shadow Request Confidentiality Pledge below prior to your Career Shadowing appointment.
Step Two: Apply to La Roche University
- Interested candidates must first apply to the radiography program by completing a La Roche University admission form or by completing the online application at www.laroche.edu. Indicate Radiologic Technology as your major.
- You must be accepted to La Roche University prior to applying to Ohio Valley Hospital.
- Acceptance to La Roche University does not guarantee acceptance to the Hospital.
- You will receive a letter officially admitting you to La Roche University.
- All students must place into Algebra (Math 1010) to be considered for acceptance.
Step Three: Apply to Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography
- Complete an application.
- If your application is incomplete, no action will be taken until it is complete. Visit:
- Please fill it out and mail it to:
Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography
C/O Lori Fazio, M.S., R.T. (R)
W. Laird Davis Center for Learning
25 Heckel Road
Kennedy Township/McKees Rocks, PA 15136
- You will be contacted by Lori Fazio, School of Radiography Director, for a personal interview.
Personal interviews will be granted to students:
- Who have a provisional acceptance from La Roche University
- Who place into Math 1010 or higher
- Who have completed the 4 hour Career Shadowing opportunity and filled out the proper documentation
- Who have completed an OVH application and submitted payment of the application fee
- If you are accepted, you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography.
- If you are not accepted, please contact your La Roche University counselor to discuss your options. You may want to switch majors and pursue a different career path.
Step Four: Deposits
- Please send a deposit to both La Roche University and the Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography to hold your place.
- Check your acceptance letter for the specific amount, who to make the check out to, and the due date.