At Ohio Valley Hospital (OVH), our Occupational Therapist (OT) is a Saebo-Certified Hand Therapist with more than 10 years of experience. Our OT and staff provide services to patients of all ages for a wide variety of injuries and impairments. With Occupational Therapy, our main goal is to return patients to independent and productive participants in their own lives.
We evaluate and treat a wide variety of ailments.
- Post-surgical recovery from elbow, wrist, and hand procedures
- Custom-fabrication of splits/orthotics for the elbow, wrist, hand, or fingers
- Orthopedic conditions of the elbow, wrist, and hand
- Neurologic rehabilitation for a variety of neurological conditions
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Saebo splint training
- Fine motor retraining
- Cognitive and visual perceptual retraining
- Manual and power mobility evaluations
- Work or auto injuries
- Personal care retraining such as dressing, bathing, cooking, etc
- Education and training on adaptive equipment
- Assessing safety of environmental needs in the home
We accept most forms of insurance.
- Electrical stim
- Cold laser
- Fluids therapy
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-5:30p.m. (hours may vary)
Walk-in prefabricated splint fitting Monday-Thursday (no appointment necessary)
Location and Contact Us
We are located on the 2nd floor of the Main Hospital.
Our ARU is located on the 3rd floor of the Main Hospital.
For more information on OVH’s Occupational Therapy program, please contact us at 412-777-6231.
Please make an appointment for any visit other than prefabricated splint fittings.
A large part of our department includes helping patients in OVH’s Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU). Our staff treat patients who need help relearning daily living activities, as well as those with injuries involving the elbow, hand, wrist, etc. For more information, visit:
This department also works closely with OVH’s BusinessCare Program. For more information, visit:
Occupational Therapy is also an important part of OVH’s Orthopedic Program. The unit offers a state of the art PT/OT gym for patients to work on recovery in. For more information, visit:
If you are interested in information on our new Lymphedema Therapy program, please visit: