11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m
The Ohio Valley General Hospital Courtesy Van Service is available when you need a ride to an Ohio Valley facility for an appointment or procedure. To improve community access to health care for area residents, we offer this FREE transportation to patients who meet the
• Ability to Sit
• Ability to Walk without Assistance
• Require No Medical Attention
• 10 mile restriction each way
Each patient is allowed to bring along one significant other.
The Sites Served Are:
• Ohio Valley General Hospital
• Medical Office Building
• The Institute for Pain Diagnostics and Care (Kennedy Location Only)
• The Wound Care Center ® (Kennedy Location Only)
Some Restrictions May Apply
There may be limitations to the availability of the Ohio Valley Courtesy Van Service based upon individual medical needs and the type of test or procedures scheduled at the Hospital. These will be explained at the time of scheduling.
NOTE: The service is unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound patients. However, wheelchair service is available for a fee through Northwest EMS. Call (412) 331-2600 for more information.
How to Arrange for a Ride
When you schedule your appointment for a test, therapy or medical procedure, you can make arrangements for a ride by
calling (412) 777-6924.
• Rides must be scheduled at least ONE DAY prior to the appointment.
• All scheduled service is subject to availability of vehicles.
• Rides will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
• Because our goal is to assist as many people as possible, you may expect a short wait before or after your appointment.
• Outpatient Surgery
• The Cataract & Eye Surgery Center
• Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation
• Cardiac Rehabilitation
• Laboratory Testing
• Radiology Procedures
• Cardiac Testing
• Pulmonary Testing
• Other Diagnostic Services
Courtesy Van Schedule
Service is available Monday through Friday (weather permitting).
Pick-ups begin at 7:00 a.m.
The last departure home is at 4:15 p.m.
Rides must be scheduled at least ONE DAY in advance. Same day requests for service cannot be accommodated.